Regular full-time employees in the U.S.
- Donations of at least $25 for a total of up to $5,000 per calendar year qualify for a gift match.
- Donations must be in US dollars and be made in cash, check or credit card, donor advised funds, or marketable securities with a quoted market value.
- Donations must be paid to the charitable organization before submitting a match request.
Organizations with a current U.S. Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c)(3) not-profit public charity status and falling within the following categories are eligible.
- Academic Institutions such as schools, universities, trade schools, etc.
- Animal Welfare & Wildlife
- Arts & Humanities
- Environmental Conservation
- Human Services
ITW reserves the right to determine an organization’s eligibility for ITW matching gift funds at its sole discretion.
All donations must be made directly to the eligible organization and cannot be made indirectly through an ineligible organization. For example, schools, health, and human service organizations are only eligible if they are funded directly and maintain their own 501(c)(3) designation, not through an ineligible related party such as a religious institution.
- Donations to organizations that are not included in the eligible organizations listed above.
- Donations collected from several individuals reported as one contribution (e.g. walks or runs).
- Donations in part or whole that are payments for services rendered, including but not limited to tuition and school fees, raffle tickets, or memberships/subscriptions to cultural organizations; or where a value may be derived in return, including but not limited to sponsorships of golf outings, galas, and similar events.
- Donations intended to support a specific individual, family, or small group, including but not limited to specific Boy Scout or Girl Scout troop, class field trip, sports teams, extracurricular activities, PTAs/PTOs, fraternities, sororities, and alumni groups.
- Donations made through third parties including but not limited to crowdfunding/sourcing (e.g. GoFundMe) even if the beneficiary is a charitable organization.
- Donations to United Way. ITW has a separate annual workplace giving campaign dedicated to United Way.
- Donations are triple matched unless otherwise specified or until the participant reaches the annual limit.
- Donations must be made in the same fiscal year and validated no later than January 31 of the following year.
- All validated gifts will be paid on a quarterly basis with no exceptions made. Gifts will be distributed via ACH by the end of each quarter. For example, gifts validated between July 1 and September 30 will be paid by October 31.